Monday, May 10, 2010

DAY 8

Iorn Mountain - Woke to thunderstorms and rain. Moved our tents to under some shelter and waited for the rain to lighten up. Left at 08:00.

Had light rain and cooler weather thru most of Arkansas. It got warmer when we got to Hotsprings, where we picked up I-40. Stopped for gas finally and I was miserable. My new Nolan helmet had been rubbing on my ears for days and they were hurting. I had been putting lotion on my ears, but I could stand it no longer. I put my helmet away and said I would ride without one. They aren't required in Arkansas. Poet, gave me his helmet, so we swapped for the rest of the day. The rest of the day was tolerable.

Weather was warm and sunny to Memphis. About 30 miles east of Memphis the interstates came to a stop. We sat in traffic about 30 minutes (making about 2 miles), then got off at an exit. (Big wreck in interstate most of day we heard).

We took a detour around and got about 40 miles west of Nashville, turned off I-40 and headed to Clarksville. First motel we stopped at was closed. (They were taking wet mattresses out of the rooms) - I guess the river overflowed here.

Stayed at an America Inn, and met Shawn's brother Pat. We will stay here today and tonight to rest and recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment