Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 19 - Dundee, FL to Key West (Finally)!!!!


We started off at 06:00 as planned. Stopped for gas after 100 miles. It was hot, but I kept a long sleeve shirt on.

Wish I had a lightwight mesh jacket. You can only pack so much on a bike for a 4-5 week trip.

Stopped after another 100 miles for gas and lunch. We ate at a subway!! Yeah, No McDonalds.

I bought some swim trunks at the shop next to the subway.

The ride into the Keys was long because of some construction. It was an overcast day but hot and muggy. We finally arrived in Key West at 4:30PM.

We tried to get photos at the buoy, but it was crowded and tour busses were dropping off people. We took some, but not good ones.

We then headed to the Post Office to fill out our paperwork for the final of the four corners and mail them off.

We finally made it. I figure about 8, 300 miles total and we still have at least 3,500 back. Probably more as I am going to stop in Alabama and Missouri to see relatives.

I bought a cell phone yesterdayy to replace the one I lost on Day 3. It isn't working very good, so I'll probably send it back or buy a new one.
By the way, the flag we are showing at each of the four corners is the Divine Services flag. It is the only flag authorized to be flown nhigher than the American Flag on a Naval vessel.

Russ

1 comment: